Just over a month ago, I was sitting in a coffee shop trying to fill in an Excel sheet with numbers. I had the numbers on my laptop screen, and I would try to memorize as many as I could so that when I opened up the excel sheet I could fill it in quicker. No matter how hard I tried, or how simple the numbers were, I could only remember two numbers at a time. It was so frustrating. The next day, I was scrolling through Mindvalley and came across the Superbrain quest by Jim Kwik. I had seen the quest before, but it hadn’t caught my interest like it did at that moment. I was tired of having a crappy memory. Superbrain seemed like it was something that could help. My husband and I just finished the quest, so here is my review.
The Most Important Point In This Superbrain Quest Review
If you don’t read anything else in this review, I want you to know that Superbrain is a really awesome quest that will benefit you, your friends, your mother, your kids, and everyone else in your life who has a brain.
The subject, brain health and brain strength, applies to everyone. We all want to keep our brain healthy and have an easy time doing things like remembering or focusing.
So, if you are wondering if this quest is for you, and you already know the quest interests you, then I can confidently say that it is for you. You will benefit from it because it will help your brain’s health or power in some way if you use what you learn inside the quest.
The Second Most Important Point In This Superbrain Quest Review
Not everyone wants to improve their brain health or brain strength.
I realized that when I was trying to teach my parents one of the techniques in the quest. My dad completely left the room and pretended he had to do something else. My mom tried her best to show interest, but it was obvious she didn’t care, and she quickly moved on to another subject so she didn’t have to talk about it anymore.
Jim Kwik always ends the day with tasks that you need to do, and many days require you to teach what you’ve learned to someone else.
By teaching someone else, you remember the technique better, so it’s encouraged in the Superbrain quest. In fact, I would say it’s one of the key ways to make the most out of this quest. When you teach, you remember more. And, sometimes you will realize you don’t remember as much as you thought as you try to explain something Jim taught, which will help you identify where you need to practice more.
You can teach the techniques to people you love, or you can teach it to people in your life who have a poor memory and could really benefit from techniques like Jim teaches.
But, just remember that not everyone is going to want to learn what you’re teaching – no matter how important you think it is for them.
Superbrain Is A 30-Day Quest On Mindvalley
Mindvalley’s quests are structured so that each day you watch a video that’s about 20 minutes long, learn something new, and get a chance to try it out, mull it over, or apply it to your life before the next day.
It’s a bite-sized way to learn.
But, even 20 minutes a day can be too long when you’re busy. That’s why my husband and I have found that you must schedule in time each day to engage in the quest or you might find an excuse to skip it. And, with the Superbrain quest, we didn’t want to skip a day. It was so interesting that we wanted to add it to our lives daily for 30 days.
So we did each lesson right after supper each day. The only thing we didn’t do in the 30 days was the Q&A videos.
There Are Two Days With Bonus Q&A Video
Day 8 and 30 both have a bonus Q&A. On day 8 it’s about 52 minutes long and on day 30 it’s about 50 minutes long.
These videos are with Jim Kwik and a Mindvalley member, and they give you more insight into Jim’s life and his brain-boosting tips.
On day 8, we didn’t have an extra 50 minutes to watch the Q&A video. I was kicking myself because I wanted to fully participate in everything the quest offered each day, but it just wasn’t going to happen. We ended up watching both of the Q&A sessions after day 30 on a weekend.
We then realized that it worked out for the best.
I think the videos make more sense after you’ve gone through the whole quest because, just like the quest, there is a lot of interesting tips and ideas packed into those sessions, and you will understand and appreciate them more after you have learned all the tips and ideas in the 30 days of the quest.
At least that’s what we found.
In short, you can watch them right away, but it’s not necessary to watch the Q&A video on the same day it comes out.
This Quest Is Great For People Who Enjoy Visualization
I’m very good at visualization. I could sit around and daydream with clear visuals in my head all day.
Jim taught a lot of memory techniques that played well with my ability to visualize, so it was really easy for me to instantly use many of the techniques he taught.
My husband is not as good at visualization (he’s more of an auditory guy), but he was also able to quickly pick up many of the memory techniques that Jim taught.
On day 9 of the Superbrain quest, Jim teaches a technique called ‘chain linking’ to remember a list. It was such a visual high for me that I subjected my husband to 2 hours of practicing it that night.
We were in bed and he was coming up with lists of words for me to remember and I was gleefully reciting them back to him using my visual memory and the chain linking technique.
It took him 20 times as long to come up with the list as it took me to recite it back to him. And, I can still remember them.
But all that practice did him good too. I also came up with lists for him to remember, and he was able to practice his visualization.
We Took A Lot Of Notes!
I don’t think I’ve ever taken this many notes in a course. Each page is full of stuff I wanted to remember and things I found interesting. Every single day offered us something worthwhile to learn and write down.
Which, by the way, was one of the things my husband and I were so impressed with. Each day of the quest had new insights to take in. Even on implementation days – which are days that you can go back and catch up on or study up on a concept from previous days – included something new.
A Few Of The Big Benefits I Experienced
- Can Remember Things Forwards And Backwards: Never in a million years would I have remembered a list of 20 items forwards and backward in a matter of minutes before this quest. Jim’s methods allow you to easily remember things forwards and backward. You can even pull from the middle if you want.
- Learned What’s Important For Good Brain Health: Jim goes over 10 important habits for greater brain health, and by the end of the quest you will have these habits memorized and it will be hard to ignore whether or not you are incorporating them into your own life. My husband has been very particular about a few of the brain health habits he really values, and so have I since this quest. I’m so grateful for this new, constant awareness.
- Stopped Forgetting Grocery Items: Jim teaches a way to remember grocery items, and while there are other techniques he teaches that would work, this specific way works best for me. I was always going to the grocery store, forgetting my list, and coming home with everything BUT what was on the list. Now, I know exactly what I need because I have each food stored in my memory in a unique way. You can even say that the list comes with me because I have all the information stored on my body through memory. 😉
- Learned How To Remember People’s Names: I was the worst for remembering names. Someone would tell me their name and I would forget it within a second. I hated that because it made me look like I didn’t care, but I didn’t know how to fix it. Jim teaches Be Suave and the PIE method, both which helped me realize what I was doing wrong and gave me the ability to start remembering people’s names. He actually goes through a whole lesson on Day 14 where he meets people from Mindvalley and teaches you how to remember their names as they introduce themselves.
- Learned How To Easily Build My Vocabulary: One of the things Jim teaches is how to easily expand your vocabulary. You can take a word and remember it with a visual technique he teaches. This is great for me as a writer. The more words I have in my vocabulary, the better. But, this technique also works for different languages you are learning, which is also great for me! I would love to learn every language on the planet, and while that may not happen in this lifetime, I know that my new memory tools will help me learn as many languages as possible.
My Husband’s Review Of The Superbrain Quest
Right after day 30, I asked my husband to give me a review of the quest. Here are the points that I wrote down as he talked.
This has been the most interesting course on Mindvalley for me. It’s very informative and eye-opening. It challenges your brain to break out of the pattern it knows for learning and remembering. Jim gives you a lot of tips on how to use your memory more effectively. Each demonstration by Jim is very thorough, but super simple to follow. You can apply everything you learn quickly to your life. You end with a lot of tools to use in your everyday life.
My Final Thoughts On The Superbrain Quest
I now have a ton of tools at my disposal to remember things. I can easily remember lists, what people tell me, and other important things that I need to remember using these tools.
I’m impressed at how well Jim Kwik can teach and help you improve your memory. Everything he says helps you to fully understand the concept or technique he’s talking about.
But, you do need to practice the techniques. That’s another key to making the most out of the quest. The more you practice, the easier it is to remember something that you need to remember.
Also, I found it really important to make his techniques my own. While he teaches you how to use his memory techniques with symbols he remembers, I found that coming up with my own symbols helped a lot. It made it easier to remember and more personal.
After taking the quest, my relationships have improved because I pay more attention to what people are saying and I can remember more things from conversations, especially things that matter to the people I’m communicating with. It works well in building bonds, creating trust, and making people feel validated and heard.
The first thing I did after the quest was to sit down and open up an Excel sheet to see how much my memory has improved. Remember I said I could only remember two numbers at a time? Now I can remember six. That may not seem like much, but I’m super happy with it, to say the least. And, as Jim Kwik often says, “Practice makes progress,” so the more I work on my memory and brain health, the better I will get. I know that.
I value my brain so much more after this quest, which is such a weird thing to say. I feel like I should’ve valued my brain this much before. Jim helped me realize how important it is to take care of my brain and how ‘super’ it really is for my relationships, health, career, happiness, and everything else.
Lastly, as with all quests and courses on Mindvalley, you get access to a private Facebook group where you can discuss techniques, share, and learn from other Superbrain members. You can’t get access unless you have the password given to you once you sign up for the quest. I found going there helped us come up with some answers to homework Jim gave that we couldn’t come up with ourselves. Plus a lot of people are thinking outside of the box in the group, and it’s nice to be connected to people like that.
Is Jim Kwik’s Superbrain Quest For You?
You’re interested, but you’re not sure. Should you take it?
I would say that if you are interested in the quest, then the Superbrain quest IS for you. It’s taught by a likeable Jim Kwik who is obviously passionate about brain power and health. He’s an expert in the field. He’s helped some really big names with their memory. And, I found that he has a knack for teaching big concepts in a way that everyone can understand.
The only person who wouldn’t find this quest valuable would be someone who didn’t want to improve their memory or overall brain health.
The quest can help you do a few things.
- The quest can boost your memory and your confidence.
- It can help you develop stronger relationships as you remember important details about people.
- It can help you leave the house without a to-buy list and come back with everything you need!
- It can help you remember important points, without notes, for a speech or even just something you want to discuss with someone.
- It can help you remember numbers through visual techniques.
- It will teach you a unique method for remembering numbers such as pin numbers, phone numbers, birth dates, anniversary dates, or any other numbers you want to remember. (This one requires some practice, but it’s so awesome!)
- You will be able to teach other people how to improve their memory, and not just adults. I’ve read about teachers using Jim’s techniques from the Superbrain quest with their students with success, and parents using it with their kids and having success. So, if you have young ones around, this will help you help them with their memory.
If you are still not sure, make sure you take the free Masterclass if you haven’t. And, if you just want to learn more about the quest, then you can learn more about the quest on this page.
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments about the Superbrain quest, please use the comment section below.
Update: I had one person send me an email asking me the following question – Did any of Kwik’s tools teach how to memorize dialogue scripts, monologues etc. for the acting world. Thanks. Here’s my reply to him: Yes, I think all his techniques can help, but one lesson – day 23 – is focused on how to memorize a speech word for word, which he says is what he teaches to Hollywood stars to help actors memorize their lines quicker.